Saturday, September 26, 2015

Rollercoasters and Football Games

I feel like our lives these days consist of football games, school and preparing for an upcoming surgery. Today we started with a game and are waiting for a second. I love watching them play. The goal of youth sports is supposed to be fun...at times it is not. There is a lot of pressure put on little guys that probably shouldn't be there. A five year old is meant to have fun and to learn the game. We should learn to reinforce that winning isn't everything. I see parents yelling from the stands and kids not getting to play all for a big win. It is sad.

Then there is Case, I hear this is his 17th surgery. Most of them have been heart caths. This will be the 4th open heart surgery. Poor little child. Poor sweet child. I try not to feel sorry for him or us, I do this in quiet and when no one is watching. I think to myself why should one kid have to go through all of this? One little sweet 3 year old kid! Then I look at him and he is happy and he is LOVED, Case is so very loved. He is adored by his family and he is completely loved by our many friends. Strangers think of him and pray for him....I would even say that many strangers love him. He has touched so many lives and he has done it with a huge smile on his beautiful face. We are blessed to get to have such a wonderful child in our lives. He is the absolute happiest child with the biggest personality! He loves going to his brothers football games. It breaks my heart into a million pieces to see him fill with complete joy at football games knowing he will never play. He absolutely loves to spell out W-I-L-D-C-A-T-S and roar at the end. He's preparing himself to be a GP Wildcat and one day Bruce and I will have to break it to him that he will never step on that field as a player. It is small and in the scheme of all of these meaning less but it is one of the future things I am not looking forward to.

The Adams are excited about a big win this morning, hopefully one this afternoon and a BIG win on Oct. 7th when Case conquers the operating room with his "team" of surgeons, doctors and nurses.

No comments:

Post a Comment